This helpful resources page is where I am going to share the items that make my life a little bit easier, more organized and less hectic. I hope you might find here something that makes your life easier too. Comment and let me know if I missed anything and what helps you to stay sane, organized, and keep moving in a day to day life.
For student life:
- A good planner
- Rolling bag
- Kindle (or any other type of reader, but I really LOVE my Kindle Fire). I find Kindles inexpensive, lightweight and very convenient option to have all or most of my textbooks and books in one place. In addition, it has a lot of other functions and apps that you can use in your everyday life
- Essential oil diffuser. I use it in my office to help me concentrate and in my bedroom to help me relax and unwind at the end of the day.
For Midwifery/Midwifery school:
- A good quality stethoscope, I recommend either Littmann Cardiology or Vorfreude Cardiology Stethoscope
- Comfortable shoes
- Kindle (or any other type of reader). I find Kindles inexpensive, lightweight and very convenient option to have all or most of my textbooks and books in one place. In addition, it has a lot of other functions and apps that you can use in your everyday life
- A good rolling bag or otherwise comfortable bag or backpack for those long call shifts (pack your books, phone charger, notebook, laptop, snacks, headache medicine and whatever else medicine you might need during the 24 hours, a change of clothes might be a good idea, after all, labor is a messy business)
My Favorite NP and Midwifery Books:
- Varney’s Midwifery
- 5-Minute Clinical Consult
- Clinical Practice Guidelines for Midwifery and Women’s Health
- Nurse Practitioner Certification Examination and Practice Preparation (M.A. Fitzgerald)
- Certified Midwives Exam Flashcard Study System (by Mometrix Test Preparation)
For Family/Mommy life:
- Kindle Fire (or any other type of reader). I find Kindles inexpensive, lightweight and very convenient option to have all or most of my textbooks and books in one place. In addition, it has a lot of other functions and apps that you can use in your everyday life. I take it everywhere: appointments, games, field trips, you name it… and if I have an extra minute or few, I always have my reading with me. You can have your recipe books and motivational books on it as well! and crafting, and novels and whatever else you enjoy!
- Mommy planner
- Amazon Prime membership. SOOOOO convenient, I buy a lot of things from Amazon from dog and cat food to school supplies, textbooks, electronics, phone cases, anything, and it is by my door in 2 days (Free delivery!). What can beat that?
- KitchenAid Standing Mixer – it has so many functions! you can add attachments to it and the sky is the limit on what you can do with it.
* I will try to keep this list updated. I will add more items, their descriptions, and the reasons why I find them helpful or love them.
*** Some of the links on this blog site may be affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission at NO ADDITIONAL cost to you if you decide to purchase something. However, I would not recommend something I don’t love myself ;)The owner(s) of this blog is not compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics.The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the blog owners. If we claim or appear to be experts on a certain topic or product or service area, we will only endorse products or services that we believe, based on our expertise, are worthy of such endorsement. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider.